FORUM RULES AND POSTING GUIDELINES
Freeforumofideas is an online business community for those interested in finding facts faster, learning, thinking and passing on useful information to others. We ask all members to please follow these simple rules in order to maintain a comfortable, friendly but professional atmosphere where everyone views are respected.
1. User rules are as follows:
- Before you register on the site please read the privacy notice and the website disclaimer. When following or using any information on the website you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk and Freeforumofideas is not liable for any damages or distress caused to you.
- The posting of any copyrighted material on our web site is strictly prohibited. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal we reserve the right to remove such content and ban the user. Similarly, the use of pirated software on the site is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.
- Posting links in order to generate affiliate commissions is not permitted. Any posts that are deemed to be posted in order to generate affiliate commissions, regardless of the product being promoted, will be deleted. If a user continues to create affiliate SPAM posts, they will be banned.
- Pornography, warez, or anything illegal may NOT be linked in any way. Spamming is not permitted in the forums.
- Advertisements of any sort are not permitted. This includes member names and links to commercial sites in Signatures, or in posts. You also may not solicit sales for Newegg through the use of promotion or coupon codes. If you would like to advertise on our site, contact us.
- Members may have only one account.
- Any impersonation of another member of these forums in any mode of communication, is prohibited and will result in a banning. Violation of any of these rules can lead to a banning of the user from our forums and a deletion of their account at our discretion.
2. Posting guidelines in the forums are as follows:
- All forums are categorized by their topics. Please post your questions and responses in the appropriate forum. Please keep all your posts as constructive as possible.
- If a topic is posted in a forum that is not appropriate for the question, we have the right to move that topic to the correct forum.
- You may find that the answers to your questions are in the FAQs or Articles section of the site. If you haven’t found a suitable answer, or would like to comment on any material on the site, please post accordingly.
- The language of the forum is English. When posting, please try to use accepted English grammar and do not use texting style substitutions of words like ‘u’ for ‘you’, and ‘ur’ for ‘your’. This forum is international and some of our non-English speaking members could use translation software, which is confused by abbreviations.
- Please do not use vulgar, obscene or profane language. This will not be tolerated and will lead to immediate suspension.
- Of course, we totally respect your right to disagree with any material on the site, but please keep your comments respectful, positive and polite.
- Respect your fellow members and do not post any material containing racial, ethnic, gender-based or anything that is discriminatory. Breach of this guideline will lead to immediate suspension.
- Respect includes not posting material that offends or hurts any other member because it is offensive or inflammatory or invites vitriolic argument. Note that posts may be deleted for any reasons the forum administrators deem reasonable.
- Pictures may be posted as long as they are not explicit, offensive, or copyrighted.
- Please limit signatures to five (5) lines or 2000 characters, whichever comes first. If your signature is larger than the allowed size or is deemed unacceptable for any other reason, we will request you to adjust your signature. Failure to comply will result in the removal of your signature.
- Only one image per signature is allowed. Images in signatures must also be no larger than 500 pixels wide X 90 pixels high. You are only allowed one signature. We reserve the right to modify your signature to abide by these rules.
- Any links in signatures or profiles cannot be commercial in nature or they will be removed. You may not put links in your signature soliciting donations.
- Avatars must be in good taste. This means no vulgar or violent images, pornography, or profanity or discrimination. Avatars that are found to be inappropriate will be removed at our discretion.
- Linking to hate, anti-Semitic, racist, pornography, warez, or other illegal sites is not permitted.
- Links in your signature must be unobtrusive and can not use formatting so that undue attention is brought to them.
- Member’s user names names cannot be email addresses. This rule is in place to protect you from spam bots who will pick up your email address and spam you.
When posting you agree that the administrators and the moderators of this forum have the right to modify, delete, edit or close any topic, signature, account, or profile data at any time that they see fit.
If you have any questions concerning these rules and guidelines please contact us